Sunday, July 24, 2016

The Week of the Other Side! 7/3/16

Xin chao/ sua sdei!! 
This week, I hit many milestones. One, I turned 20 and now I am officially an adult. But that's ok because we all know that I am a 5 year old at heart. Two, I hit my half way mark! That means 9 months left. At first, I thought that my mission was going by way fast but then, I got switched programs and now, it has significantly slowed down. Hooray to learning a new language! 
These past few days have been the most exhausting and emotionally draining ever, but I have two of the BEST companions in the mission. Sister Dao is from Colorado and has been out for a long time and dies in three months! Sister Trinh is from Ho Chi Minh and has been out for six months! Sister Dao and Sister Trinh have been nothing but supportive. They really want to help and take care of me so this is what they do, Sister Dao speaks in Vietnamese while Sister Trinh translates. When we go to appointments, Sister Dao bikes in front and Sister Trinh bikes behind me and they sandwich me like a new born baby. 
Right now, we are waiting for Sister Cheney, the new Sister, to get here in a week!! We are so excited for the work to be growing!! Once Sister Cheney gets here, Sister Dao, Sister Trinh and I will split and become two companionships.
There are only 3 Vietnamese branches and only 9 missionaries! 
Yesterday was the first day of church and it was SO EXHAUSTING. We cover two Vietnamese branches which in essence covers almost all three Khmer stakes in the City! We sat through six hours of church yesterday. The first three hours were great! And I understood a lot and it was awesome, but then the last three hours in Branch 10 were incredibly tiring and I think I actually started falling asleep. Afterwards, one of the counselors from the branch presidency came up to me and asked if I was the new Sister and what my name was. I replied and he said "cool. I have a present for you" and gave me a topic card for talking in sacrament meeting next week. I'm way nervous but my companions have a lot of faith and confidence in me. I speak mediocre enough that people ask whether I am from Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh! hahaha 
The Vietnamese Program has been a complete 180. I admire this group of missionaries more than anything. They are some of the most hardworking and humble people I have ever met. They are so good and have been nothing but encouraging and charitable. I am more than honored to be here doing this work with them. This is going to be an awesome 9 months! 

Sorry, this email is all over the place. A lot of things happened this week and it was a little overwhelming and I can't really organize my thoughts ahhh 
This is my favorite quote this week, "Do you know why this Sister is so big? It's because she drinks elephant milk!" -one of the members. Thank you to Heavenly Father for allowing me to understand that much haha  
I know that Heavenly Father will help me through this and I am more than grateful to be serving in Cambodia! I have seen His hand so much in my life and in this work already! I love you all! And shout out to mom, I can actually talk to you when I get home!! NO MORE KITCHEN VIETNAMESE!!!

daoy seckdeisrolan,
Chi Ca Nguyen


Picture 1 and 2 and 3 Goodbye to some of the TTP members/ investigators

Picture 4 Some of the TTP Youth got me a cake for my birthday! haha so sweet!

Picture 5 My companions and my RC, Thanh! I am actually serving in her branch now! 






Picture 6 can you guess which legs are mine?  


No comments:

Post a Comment