Monday, November 9, 2015

"I'll own up to that!"

Cumriabsua! 

Only three more weeks until we are done with America for a while! These weeks are going by really fast.and I need them so slow down big time. We got to host again this past week! It's always so fun helping new missionaries around and hearing about where they are headed. Our district reminisced about when we all first met each other and realized, we can't really pinpoint the exact moment we met or when we became so close. oh well! This week, during class we heard a really loud noise and thought that it was the radiator or that someone's desk broke so we all just looked around and were like "what was that?" and one of the Elders looks down and just goes, "I'll own up to that". I thought it was so funny because one, I'm actually an 11 year old boy who thinks farts are hilarious and two, totally unexpected and kind of gross haha. Sorry. We are really just looking for things to laugh at in each day.
We met two new people we'll be teaching this week! One is a less-active member named Puu Thuu. His family goes to church but he doesn't. He loves to read the BOM and pray with his family though. During our first time meeting him, I had no idea what to do or say and just kind of stared at him as he was speaking. I didn't understand him and I didn't know what to say to help him and I was just like 'wow. this is going to be Cambodia for me. and i'm going to have no idea what to do.' It was a little discouraging, but I know Heavenly Father will help me out if I put complete trust in Him :) We had our last TRC this week aka we start Skyping REAL people from Cambodia this Saturday and teaching REAL lessons. AHHH.  I don't really have much to say about this week. It was filled with many tender mercies that helped me remember how mindful the Lord is of me. Today in the temple, one of the brethren that was in same session as me told me about how touched he was to be there with me because he was in Vietnam when President Hinckley dedicated the land so we could begin preaching. He cried, I cried. It was a real tender mercy. All in all, what I really took away from this week is to trust in the Lord. And I mean COMPLETELY trust. Quit depending on your own. Surely He knows what He's doing. I love you all and hope you have a grand week! 

LOVE, 
Sister Nguyen


                                   Picture 1 Bike helmets on stationary bikes. We've been in here for too long!
                                       
                                         Picture 2 LEAVES!!! FALL!! OUTDOORS!!!!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment