Sunday, May 29, 2016

The Week of Translated Whispers!

HI. SORRY. NOT MUCH TIME TO EMAIL. I AM WELL AND HEALTHY. 

The work has been good! 

1. KRISPY KREME (the donut business, not the rapper now known as froggy fresh) IS HERE IN PHNOM PENH CAMBODIA
2. We splurged and impulsively bought a dozen 
3. We started meeting with a Less-Active named Srey Niang. Her boyfriend is serving a mission in Vietnam and so she stopped going to church for a little bit there, but has been coming back. She's way cool and I love her so much. She likes to call me Sister Pig because I am so big compared to Khmers
4. On Wednesday, we got switched around a little bit and Sister Xiong and I ended up teaching basic english class by ourselves. More than 45 students!!! And then for spiritual thought, one of the native vietnamese elders got up to share and the class just went wild because he was so quiet and he didn't speak the clearest english ever. it was rough haha
5. WAIT. Last week, we went to visit Thanh and this small frail old lady who lives next to her started throwing sticks and stuff at us through the small hole in her fence. It was way scary. We asked Elder Khanh about it and he said she's probably possessed. Turns out she just hates missionaries. Don't worry. I am 100% sure we are safe though.
6. Srey Kaa the 8 year old we have been teaching ccame to meet bishop for an interveiw on Friday. She was SOOOO nervous. She had us come into the interview with her and wouldn't even look up at bishop or open her mouth. She would whisper stuff into my ear and then I would have to say it aloud. By the end of the interview, she was smiling and laughing, but still not speaking. 
7. All of our other investigators are doing way good and I am so grateful to be serving in this ward!!!! 
8. Can you believe I have already been out for 8 months?? That was way fast. I hope it slows down!!!
9. I LOVE YOU ALL. I PRAY FOR YOUR HEALTH AND HAPPINESS. 
OK BYE BYE

LOVE,
SISTER NGUYEN


Picture 1 They have mango flavored donuts lolol

 Picture 2 look at how Thanh's dog sleeps hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment