Sunday, March 12, 2017

The Week I'm still a kid 3/5/17

Hi!!

All is well!! 

Co Phien's family is doing great! They're keeping commitments, coming to church, and reading the book of Mormon on their own!!! They're so good and I'm grateful everyday that we get to be a part of this with them. They are always so happy when we come over and always have a billion questions for us. And I realized some of the questions I don't even know how to answer and so I was really grateful for Co Xoa, our member help, for coming along. 

Ba Ut, the old lady on the boat, is slowly understanding. She doesn't really understand how to pray even though we've taught her like three times now. She burnt her leg on her rice cooker... #cambodiaprobs And she likes to rock the boat back and forth and make us super nauseous haha We prayed with her at the end of the lesson and she said she felt so good and peaceful and then she remembered about how her boat is always about to flood and sink and got super sad again. We're still trying to figure out how to approach this. 

We had zone conference this week! It was my last one and it was really sad. We talked a lot about how to teach the Sabbath day and then President had me and Sister Mead do a role play in front of everyone and I realized how much I still have to learn about teaching haha President made all of the departing missionaries get up and bear their testimonies. There were lots of tears. Not from me. I'm not a cry baby. Just kidding. I cried. And then we sang called to serve and I cried some more.

Yesterday, we had 6 investigators at church!!! Miracles! And we had branch council where everyone started yelling and it got a little tense and then one of the members said we need to stop it and love each other because everyone is a child of God. they all laughed it off. So I'm grateful they were good at solving the contention!! 

 That is all from me! I am running out of things to write about. This week, I realized how much I still don't know and it kind of excites me. I'm grateful Heavenly Father gives us our entire lives to gain knowledge. how cool is that!!!! We're just going to keep getting smarter!! 

I LOVE this work!! I LOVE the people here. and I love God!!!!

Have a gr8 week!

llooovveee,
Sister Nguyen 




No comments:

Post a Comment