Tuesday, December 13, 2016

The Week of the Full Circle! 12/11/16

GUYS. 

Do you believe in miracles? LISTEN!!! 

Flashback to exactly a year ago. Where was I? Kampongcham. This is an excerpt from an email from one year ago. (on Wednesday, we taught English class with the other elders and sisters from our district. I was pumped because now the Khmers had to try to understand me and I felt powerful. So this random girl comes and sits next to me and I was like alright cool. She was having trouble pronouncing some of the words and so I tried to help and decided to strike up a conversation. I asked her what her name was and stuff like that and she looked like she wasn't understanding me so I had to tell her that I didn't really know Khmer, I was Vietnamese and from America. She said something about Vietnam and I didn't really understand her so I smiled and nodded #classic. And then she asked me if I knew Vietnamese and so I asked her back just because that's what I do to everyone and she said yes! Turns out she's half Vietnamese and half Khmer and lived in Vietnam but was in Cambodia for school until the 24th. And so we talked for the rest of the time and she asked me what I was doing here and if I was scared because apparently I look terrified or something?? Not sure. But I told her we were missionaries and that we teach about Jesus Christ and that for me the Gospel of Jesus Christ has brought me so much comfort and guidance. We gave her a Book of Mormon and she said she would be interested in learning. The next day, we taught her and she asked if our church taught weird things like everyone has to be a sister. Sister Nhem told her that this was a choice because we want to share our happiness. Anyway, she had a bunch of good questions and in the end she accepted baptism!!) 

OK!!! remember that girl? well, we never continued teaching her because she was in and out of Kampongcham and so we dropped her.

A few months ago, Sister Galland and I went to Kampongcham to find vietnamese people. After a few days of not being able to find many people, I remembered about Sophea and luckily, one year later, the sisters in KC still had her number in their phone. So i took her number and called her a million times and no one picked up the phone and then I kind of just forgot about it. And Sister Galland and I left Kampongcham feeling super unsuccessful. 

A few nights ago, after Sister Galland and I got done talking about finding people to teach and then we prayed for bed and while I was praying I remembered about Sophea. The next day, I told Sister Galland and she said "CALL HER!!! THAT WAS A PROMPTING!!!" So I called. And guess what?

 πŸ“£πŸ“£πŸ“£πŸ“£πŸ“£SHE PICKED UPπŸ“£πŸ“£πŸ“£πŸ“£

I told her I was the missionary who she met in Kampongcham one year ago. And she said "Oh! Chi Nguyen, right? I miss you so much!! Are you still in Kampong Cham? I'm not there anymore. I live in Phnom Penh now" AND IT;S LITERALLY A MIRACLE. I told her I was in the city too and that I would love to see her!  Turns out she's in this new area that I'm in and really wants to meet! But then our phone spazzed out and I haven't been able to get a hold of her since! dang it. 

We are still staying super optimistic and faithful!

This email is already too long. This week was good. We biked a lot and are exhausted but still more than happy to do this work. 

Heavenly Father really does have a plan for all of us. I know for a fact that this is HIS work and He is at the helm of it. 

Have a great week!!!

love,
sister nguyen 

Picture 1 Sister Galland and a CUTE PUPPY 

 Picture 2 this is me trying to be affectionate to members and them rejecting me 

No comments:

Post a Comment